Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Story of the $5 Heirloom



Many, many years ago,
I came across the perfect oak rocking chair at
a garage sale on a brick-paved St. Pete street.
The chair had already seen much use
evident by the difference in shading of the stain on the seat.
A lot of rocking was a part of its past
and
a lot of rocking was a part of its future as all of my girls
fell asleep numerous times by its motion.

Well,
this rocker made its way to Asheville
and felt very much at home there.
But,
as fate would have it,
a move from one house to another proved disastrous.
And the chair got smushed...to smithereens.
When Rachel took me down to their basement
and showed me during one of my visits,
well, we just both stared sadly.

Another move was made,
and the broken pieces went along...
after all how do you throw away memories!

Then,
late the other night,
I received this text and picture from Joseph...



Once again,
do you see how I love the men in my girls' lives.
More evidence.
What a heart!

And, yes, Rachel did freak...
and I had sentimental tears in my eyes!

^^Lucy, enjoy!^^

So now,
I'll have to quickly make my way back to AVL
to test out the sturdiness of the rocker! 
Oh bummer!
Such a chore!
hee-hee

Thank you, Joseph,
for surprising my girl in such a wonderful way!


No comments: