Saturday, November 19, 2016

Be Still My Heart!




Apparently,
I have a granddaughter who loves museums!
(they do say some things skip a generation!)


So,
you can imagine my delight when,
on a day all of us simultaneously had off from work,
she chose to fit in as many museums as possible.

Be still my heart!

And here is the evidence....



Charlie and Michelle's favorite....


I was ecstatic to see a piece by Benjamin West


and excitedly said to Michelle
"Remember that favorite book I read
to you girls a number of times in your childhood!  We all loved it!"
 
 She gave me a blank stare.
Well, I loved it,
(I even referenced it in one of my college papers!)
and I pulled it off the bookshelf to read it once more as a family
ha-ha.

 


Another side note...
years ago, Michelle and Hope took a cross-country trip,
zigzagging from Berkeley to Jersey then down to Florida
(how was I not on that whole trip with them!?!?!
although I did make the Jersey to Florida portion with them!)
I was on the phone with Michelle as she was driving through
Montana? North Dakota?
and she interrupts our conversation with a
"Oh wow, just saw a deer! Wait! Maybe it was a rabbit!"
WHAT?!?
"How do you mistake a rabbit for a deer?!" I ask!
Well, here's how.....

The five-year-old came out in all of us...

My favorite piece...



Finishing at the Cummer,
we jumped in the car to head to the
but got caught up in the activities at



Listening to some "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"...
very, very good street musicians...

and stopping to admire the street art....



We did make it to the


and closed out the day enjoying city life!


As you can imagine,
this is a day I want to recreate sooner rather than later.
There are more museums to explore!
Hope, are you ready!!


No comments: