Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

2009 is off to a wonderful start. Jessica is in love and on her way to an engagement. She may be a summer bride. (And a beautiful one at that!) And then, out of the blue, I get a photo-text of a hand with a diamond ring on it.....lo and behold....Rachel! (In her own words - "I didn't even know I liked diamonds until I had one on my hand!!") Charlie is home safe from Iraq! So as much as I miss having Michelle and Hope around, when they call and they are all together as a family, my heart is glad. Christa received an unsolicited scholarship from UF for her academic achievements. She has taken the role of student very seriously, and has grown up and matured right before my very eyes.
I say "my cup..." because the happiness that I feel equals the happiness that my girls are experiencing.
Jessica is glowing.
I would describe Rachel as being giddy. And she isn't even the giddy type.
The Mallards are relishing each other and their surroundings.
Christa is preparing to take on the world.
Happiness is contagious!

1 comment:

ladydee said...

What wonderful news and so much happiness for all of you...Congradulations to all of you :) Huggs for everyone and kisses too xoxoxo!