Friday, June 24, 2011

Barefoot Adventure



This morning I took a walk.

Barefoot.

Intentionally.


Just to feel the earth under my feet...


and to feel the softness of the soil...


I walked across cobblestones imbedded in moss...


on my way to visit our climbing tree...


I took a short break to take in the sights...


and to smell the earthiness of the salt marsh at low tide~
perfume to to me...


I stopped by Bob's (the racoon) trail  in hopes of getting a glimpse...


and then hopped over to Arnie's (the neighborhood armadillo),
but it was too bright out for him to make an appearance....


Oh, and by the way,
did I mention that the grass was freshly mowed!!...


And just as I was about home,
I had to stop and admire Ruth Ann's garden...


that I get to enjoy each day as I walk out my door...


before I made my way back to my air-conditioned,
earth-toned sanctuary...


because 
summer was making a huge statement...

"I AM HERE!"

1 comment:

Leslie said...

summer certainly is here! i liked walking with you :)