Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Extended Mother's Day!




On the actual Mother's Day, after spending a morning with Jessica over some homemade pancakes (minus the syrup :)
Christa and I took off and headed east. Just give us the ocean, some flowers, and dolphins and we have the ingredients for a photo shoot. I'll spare you all of our shutter madness, but here is just a sampling.


Taking a clue from Lost, I'm jumping back in time. Since Rachel and Ethan were in town, the girls decided to suprise me with a Mother's Day Brunch the day after Christa's graduation. Here we are in the gazebo at the hotel where we stayed and where we enjoyed our late checkout to enjoy their brunch :)
Notice the lake in the background....well, the night before we asked the front desk if we could borrow a flashlight. We wanted to go out and "alligator hunt" as I knew the hotel's website had advertised it being on Biven's Lake, which I knew to be chock-full of gators.
So they sent a great "gator-hunting" flashlight to our room via a man who was apparantly clueless as to the lake being visible from this gazebo so we sent him away with the flashlight. Then the next morning we woke to this great lake...and for us nature lovers, there was a gator not too far from shore giving us our dose of prehistoric lizard viewing.
Some shared laughter after a "goofy" pose picture which I decided not to publish for the benefit of some involved :)
A mom and 3/4's of her girls!
Yes!!! I cannot wait to become a competitive badminton player!
Now if I could jump to the future (again a Lost trick, which is starting to drive me crazy) I would include pictures of my Mother's Day with the Mallard family, as they will be joining us the end of May!!!....to be continued!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ladydee said...

Happy Mothers Day to you....sounds like you had a good time twice already and a third on the way:)