Sunday, March 19, 2017

Love What You Find



^^a bumper sticker on the car of a kindred spirit also exploring Bulow Creek^^
ok, we will! Thanks for the advice!


Back in 1831, John Audubon, painted this picture

Greater Yellowlegs

directly across the creek from where
this picture


 was taken!
Florida has quite a number of amusements "parks", and I'm sure
I've been to most of them and have truly enjoyed them,
but
when it comes to parks,
this is the type of place where my heart belongs...


The other day,
Mish and I took the opportunity to do some exploring.
Bulow Creek is a great nearby destination, and
our whole time there we saw only two other people.
No lines, $4 total admission and with
my new Timberlands on my feet
we were ready to roll.

(Side note:  Quote of the day...
Mish: "Hiking through here, you need to simultaneously
look down for snakes while looking up for spider webs!" True!)









Lol...most of the pictures that I took on this day were of Michelle
taking pictures...(still the mom capturing moments of her daughter), and since technically
she is not the subject of this post, the pictures posted here are limited.
Now if I get my hands on her photos, well. then I'll have some displaying to do!

Bulow Creek,


Disney may have Cinderella's castle,
but you have
Fairchild Oak,
the largest live oak in the south
and over 2000 years old!

Now,
I've heard the term "tree-hugger",
but if you ask me,


this grandfather of an oak is reaching out to hug.

 And
I'll certainly be back for one!

"and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
~Robert Frost


No comments: